Monday, November 21, 2011

Signs You Know Your 3 Year Old Needs A Sibling

So dear little E is very interested in the adoption and asks a lot of questions. Everyone in our family must have babies on the mind lately, her included. Just a few of the funny things she has said over the last week:

E: "Mommy, where does a baby come from?"
me: "Hmm, where do YOU think a baby comes from?"
E: "I think it comes from the mailbox."

I didn't have a better answer that day.

After telling her our friends are expecting, her face lit up and she said:
"Yay! I am so glad we get to adopt their baby!" We did have to clarify to her that wasn't exactly how it works.

And my favorite interchange between little E and her friend while they both stood admiring his new little brother:

Little E: "He's so cute!"
friend: "Don't touch him. That's MY brother!"
Little E: "Well I have a baby sister!"
friend: "No you don't!"
Little E: (getting very defensive)"Yes I do! You just can't see her because she just lives in somebody else's tummy!"


I love that she already defends a sibling she hasn't even met yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment